Eshiels Toll is situated in the market town of Peebles in the Scottish Borders
about 23 miles south of Edinburgh and 50 miles south east of Glasgow.
Wherever you're coming from, Peebles is easy to find.
From Carlisle and the North of England
- Leave the M74 at Junction 13
- Take the A702 to Biggar
- Then head for Blyth Bridge and take the A72 to Peebles.
From Newcastle and the North East of England
- A1 to Berwick-Upon-Tweed
- A698 through Coldstream and Kelso
- From Kelso take the A699 to Galashiels
- From Galashiels take the A72 to Peebles.
From Edinburgh Airport
- A8 towards Edinburgh (1.3m), turn right 1st roundabout onto
A720 City Bypass
- A720 City Bypass (6m), off at Lothianburn Junction, right
onto A702 Biggar road
- A702 (0.6m), left fork A703
- A703 (2m) right at roundabout onto A701
- A701 through Penicuik to Leadburn (6m) straight ahead onto
- A703 through Eddleston to Peebles (9m)
If you would like more detailed directions, please visit
Google Maps and click on "Get Directions".
Eshiels Toll is situated 5 minutes drive from the town centre of Peebles on
Innerleithen Road (see map below).
- Carry on from Peebles for approx 1.5 miles down Innerleithen Road
- Slow down as you see the entrance to Glentress Forest on your left
- There is a second road to the left approx 20 metres further along that
has a large signpost for the Glentress Hotel.
- Take this road, immediately look to your left and you will see the
entrance to our driveway
Map showing Eshiels Toll cottage, near Peebles
View Eshiels Toll in a larger map